Medicaid Adult Health Care Quality Measures
For a set of the LTSS programs, Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC), Adult Foster Care (AFC), Personal Care Attendant (PCA) and Adult Day Health (ADH), MA currently contracts with the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) to conduct Non-Institutional Provider Reviews for LTSS. These site reviews and targeted chart reviews are conducted to assess quality metrics not readily available through claims data.
MFP; Surveys from ASAPs; DDS National Core Indicator; Level II Assessment Tools
Funds are contributing to the following NWD System and Enrollment Process activities:
- Enhance existing toll free numbers to include more community LTSS information and provide training for call center staff.
- Establish a statewide NWD website that is informative and easy to navigate for anyone seeking information on community LTSS in the state.
- Expand ADRCs’ onsite capacity for enhanced Options Counseling.
- Ensure all NWD staff are knowledgeable about the full spectrum of community LTSS and trained on the coordination and completion of functional eligibility and financial eligibility for Medicaid.
- Hire LTSS financial eligibility specialists who will work within the MassHealth Enrollment Center system and provide technical expertise for ADRC and state agency staff.
- Increase visibility of the NWD system among the general public through branding and a marketing campaign.
In addition, MA is increasing direct care worker wages and expanding community LTSS through more mental health community placements.